Who can become a registered user of the HCBI?
The Harvard Center for Biological Imaging is open to the entire Harvard Community as well as all external academic and commercial researchers.
How can I register to use the HCBI?
Steps 1-4 can be completed in unison -
- Contact Doug Richardson (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange a time to discuss your project.
- Download and complete the Project Registration Form (all users).
- Download and complete the Memorandum of Understanding (external and affiliate users only).
- Email or drop off completed forms to Sarah Elwell; email@example.com
- You will receive a registration confirmation email from Sarah informing you that you have access to SPINAL, and instructing you on how to request an expense code.
- Once your expense code is in place, request training with Casey, Dave, or Doug. Training on all confocals, the Axio Zoom and Cell Observer are scheduled with Dave Smith on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Trainings on all other instruments are scheduled with Casey or Doug when their schedules permit
- Within 30 days (and prior to being granted after-hours access) you must complete Commercial Laser Microscope safety training. Please log into EH&S' Training Management System to complete this online training.