Who can become a registered user of the HCBI?
The Harvard Center for Biological Imaging is open to any academic or commercial researcher regardless of affiliation.
1. Obtain a Research Computing login and password. You will need this EVERY time you come to the HCBI to login to the microscope. You can request your account here. Please select Connor Crowley as your PI.
2a. If you are an internal user (i.e. you have access to a 33-digit Harvard Billing Code): Complete the Project Registration Form and return it to Connor Crowley. Please indicate if you are an undergrad, G1 roatation student, or Simmons Family Awardee in this email. Connor will send you further instructions on how to complete your registration and safety training.
2b. If you are a Harvard affiliate or external user (i.e. you DO NOT have access to a Harvard 33-digit code and will pay by Purchase Order: Complete the Project Registration Form and return it to Connor Crowley along with a signed copy of the Memo of Understanding and a Purchase Order (Minimum $500). Connor will send you further instructions on how to complete your registration and safety training.
Members of the MIT community should complete the MIT-specific MOU.
Members of The Whitehead Institute should complete the Whitehead-specific MOU.
Members of The Broad Institute should complete The Broad-specific MOU.
3. Contact a amember of the HCBI team to discuss which microscope is best suited to your project and how to best prepare your sample (Doug Richardson; Erin Diel; Chris Hellriegel) to arrange a time to discuss your project.
1. You will not be able to enter the HCBI outside of 9AM-7PM until you have had a training session with HCBI staff.
2. Log into SPINAL and reserve a minimum of 2 hours on a microscope calendar. Reserve the exact same time slot on Erin, Chris or Doug's training calendar AT LEAST 24 HOURS before the reservation. EMAIL Erin, Chris or Doug to inform them you have reserved training and include some information about the experiment. Don't forget to bring your Research Computing login and password to the training!
1. Within 30 days of activating your HCBI account, you must complete Enclosed Laser Instruments safety training. Please log into EH&S' Training Management System to complete this online training.
2. After-hours access must be requested via email to email@example.com after all required safety trainings have been completed.
Registration and training are FREE! For a table outlining the HCBI's hourly fee structure click here.